Alachua County "Community Conversations" 2011
Want to give your two cents on how Alachua County should spend its dollars and cents?
Well you're invited to do just that at what's called a "Community Conversation."
For the third year, Alachua County has received a grant to host these events prior to the official budget hearings on the budget.
The goal is to gauge the priorities of the public and to help them understand and become engaged in the process.
County Manager Randall Reid said, “Really a lot of small group discussion and we do some interactive polling on people’s opinions about different issues and then they do basically a budget exercise or a budget game...very simple, it’s not intimidating at all...you don’t have to do math.”
Participants also offer suggestions on how the county should budget in the coming year.
There are three different dates and locations to choose from.
Monday July 25th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Santa Fe College (Northwest Campus) Building S Rooms 326-327.
Thursday July 28th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Center for Innovation & Economic Development.
Saturday July 30th at 10:00 to 12:00 noon at Tower Road Branch Library.
RSVP online at www.alachuacounty.us or by calling Elaine Jordan at 352-374-5262.
- First Baby Born In Alachua County for 2011
- A Community Conversation
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- "10,000 Homes Initiative" Could Upgrade Homes in Alachua County
- Inmates at the Alachua County Jail Are Using Their "Time" Wisely
- "Meals On Wheels" Alachua County
- Four Employees "Locked Out" of Alachua County Jail
- "Fair Fare" for Alachua County Fairgrounds
- Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals
- State Attorney Says Plenty of "Sunshine" at Informal Alachua County Meetings