Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Archer Pastor Under Investigation
"He's done it once, and he's going to do it again," said Mark Ondrick, of Archer, who says his former pastor is back at it again- and he doesn't mean preaching.
"He's on a roof, and he owes people money- and he's starting up another company and he doesn't have a license to do this type of work," he said.
Pastor Greg Roberts of the Family Life Church of God in Archer is being investigated for putting up a metal roof on a Bronson home this month.
According to DBPR reports, after the job was done, the pastor picked up a check from the homeowner made out to "Palm Construction."
A corporation registered with Robert's son as principal, but neither of them are licensed contractors.
"Civilly we should be suing him but he's already filed for bankrupt so it's out the window," said Ondrick.
In 2009 the sheriff's office investigated multiple charges of business fraud against Roberts and his former company, "D & R Construction,"
but he was cleared of any criminal charges.
"They had him investigated as a Pastor, they had his church investigated, had his church books looked at--they've looked at everything," said Chris Tucker, the church's youth pastor.
He says Roberts hasn't done anything illegal.
"If he was a mechanic, he'd help them with their car, if he was a painter, he'd help them paint their house- if they need help on their house, that's what he's gonna go do," he said.
Tucker feels the allegations are part of a bigger plan.
"This whole thing is not about really whether he done anything right or wrong- it's an agenda to get him out of town," he said.
"We don't want him out of town, we just want him to stop messing people over," said Mike Tolodxi of Archer.
"He's done too many bad things in this community- you just can't trust him," said Ondrick.
Roberts declined an interview with TV20, but did say this is all "foolish."
Records show Roberts has applied for a license this year and he's eligible for the exam, but all that has been put on hold due to the current investigation.
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation
- Ocala Sheriffs Under Investigation Again
- Gainesville Property Management Group Under Investigation
- Gainesville's Advantage Towing Under Investigation
- Kingsbury Academy Staffer Under Investigation
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- FDLE Chemist Under Investigation
- Archer Residents Voice their Concerns on the Archer Braid Trail
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene