Campers Raise Over $1,000 For Haiti
It was more than a summer camp or a Vacation Bible School. The Mega Sports and Arts Youth Camp in Northwest Gainesville was also a charitable affair.
Campers were asked all week to donate quarters for the cause. The beneficiaries: residents of Haiti, still struggling after last year's earthquake. Those quarters really added up: more than a thousand dollars was raised.
There was a catch, however, for the Youth Pastor who challenged the children to beat their goal.
- Employee Steals Over $1,000 from Local Business
- Gainesville Airport Collects 8,000 Shoes For Haiti Earthquake Victims
- Prescription Drug Foundation Trying to Raise $500,000
- FHP Writes Nearly 8,000 Tickets Over the Thanksgiving Holidays
- Law Enforcement Canine's Death Raises Questions Over Proper Euthanasia
- Debate Raise Tensions Over City Commission Seat
- Gainesville Car Show Raises Money for Charity over the Weekend
- Hollen Earns 1,000th Career Dig As Oak Hall Volleyball Beats Ft. White
- Raising the Bar by Raising Tuition?
- Two UF Students Are Missing In Haiti