Campers Raise Over $1,000 For Haiti
It was more than a summer camp or a Vacation Bible School. The Mega Sports and Arts Youth Camp in Northwest Gainesville was also a charitable affair.
Campers were asked all week to donate quarters for the cause. The beneficiaries: residents of Haiti, still struggling after last year's earthquake. Those quarters really added up: more than a thousand dollars was raised.
There was a catch, however, for the Youth Pastor who challenged the children to beat their goal.
- Employee Steals Over $1,000 from Local Business
- Summer Heatwave Program Tries To Reach 1,000 Kids With The Help Of Crowdfunding
- Sitel adds 1,000 jobs
- Ocala organization gives 1,000 toys to needy children in Putnam County
- Gainesville Airport Collects 8,000 Shoes For Haiti Earthquake Victims
- Prescription Drug Foundation Trying to Raise $500,000
- Alachua Co. March Of Dimes Raises Close to $660,000
- "Pedal-Off" raises $20,000 for breast cancer
- Junior league members hope to raise $20,000
- Chili Cook Off raises more than $50,000 for school