Controversy Over a Prominent Downtown Corner
A prominent corner in Downtown Gainesville is the source of controversy tonight as preservationists work to stop a city approved project from moving forward.
Opponents say this is a sign of a bigger problem for the downtown area.
Property owner William Chick has not returned calls for a statement.
The issue is scheduled to go before city commissioners at the beginning of August.
- Controversy Over Gainesville Hotel & Conference Center Over?
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Two Prominent Alachua County Judges Step Down
- Voter Registration Deadline For Primary Election Right Around The Corner
- More Tax Incentives for University Corners Raises More Questions
- Dangerous Corner In Williston
- Four Corners Cops Without Borders
- Land Developer Awaits City Decision on University Corners Project
- A Shifting Society; Is Public Opinion Changing on Controversial Issues?
- Local business owner posts controversial signs