Drawing Voting Lines
State leadership dominated by republicans descended on the heavily- democratic city of Gainesville Wednesday evening to present early plans for setting up new voting districts. Every 10 years, voting districts are re-drawn to reflect population changes but the process is often used to favor the political party in power. 2 constitutional amendments approved by voters in November were designed to limit that. At that public hearing, state politicians were told to stick to those plans.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Boehner Takes Hard Line on Holder Contempt Vote
- Hogtown Craft Beer Festival Draws Brewers, Enthusiasts
- Longest-running Art Festival Continues to Draw Crowds
- "Touch-A-Truck" Entertains Children and Families, Draws Assortment of Trucks
- Civil War Reenactment Draws Hundreds to Williston
- "Super Saturday" Draws Last Minute Shoppers
- Christmas Express Draws Thousands
- Downtown Art Festival Draws Crowds
- As First Day of School Draws Nearer RTS Warns Drivers to be Careful
- As Fourth of July Draws Closer, Firework Safety Remains a Concern