Driver Hospitalized After Truck Overturns
A truck driver is in Shands after his log truck overturned on its side, spilling logs and diesel fuel on waldo road. The north bound lanes were closed for about an hour.
The accident happened around eleven this morning.
Officials say the driver lost control of the truck.
Fire crews were able to remove the man from the truck.
He was transported to Shands by Alachua County Fire Rescue, where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Meanwhile Gainesville Fire Rescue Crews removed debris and helped clean up the more than 90 gallons of diesel fuel.
- Driver Hospitalized After Crash in Levy County
- I-75 Shut Down in Both Directions After Tractor Trailer Overturns
- Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
- Mini-Monster Truck Drivers at Williston Parade
- Sleep Deprivation Leads to Vehicular Homicide and Caution for Truck Drivers
- Truck Plunges Into Payne's Prarie, Driver missing
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Truck Driver Who Hit Bus On Phone
- Ice Cream Truck Driver Escapes Attempted Robbery
- Bicyclist Hit By Drunk Driver Out of Hospital, Fellow Cyclists Raise Money for Her Recovery