Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Fatal Dog Shooting Justified, Owners Disagreed
An Archer husband and wife unleashed Friday night on the Alachua County Sheriff's Office after an internal investigation found their deputy, Richard Howell, justified in shooting the couple's dog. On Easter Sunday, deputies in search of a fugitive encountered Robert and Teresa Bautochka's dog on the couple's private property. Deputies said "Scrappy" attacked their K-9 and were forced to fire to save the dog's life. The couple argued Howell overreacted.
"If we as citizens were to harm their animal we would all be arrested and put in jail why aren't they held to the same standard as we are?" said Teresa Bautochka.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Shooting Justified
- 6 Dogs Killed By Owner In Keystone Heights
- Deputy Killed Family's Dog, Owners Want to Know Why
- Owner of Killer Dogs Charged
- Deputies Search For Answers In Fatal Dog Attack
- Lake City Police Investigate Fatal Shooting
- Ocala Man Accused of Fatally Shooting His Wife
- Fatal Shooting in Williston
- Williston Fatal Shooting Investigation Continues
- Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting