Fatal Dog Shooting Justified, Owners Disagreed
An Archer husband and wife unleashed Friday night on the Alachua County Sheriff's Office after an internal investigation found their deputy, Richard Howell, justified in shooting the couple's dog. On Easter Sunday, deputies in search of a fugitive encountered Robert and Teresa Bautochka's dog on the couple's private property. Deputies said "Scrappy" attacked their K-9 and were forced to fire to save the dog's life. The couple argued Howell overreacted.
"If we as citizens were to harm their animal we would all be arrested and put in jail why aren't they held to the same standard as we are?" said Teresa Bautochka.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Shooting Justified
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Detective Tracks Down Dog's Owner in Hospital
- Deputies Search For Answers In Fatal Dog Attack
- Dog Recovering After Abuse, Owners Relinquish Custody
- Missing Dogs Found at Phoenix Animal Rescue, Owners Say They Struggled to Get Them Back
- Trenton Dog Owners Deny Running Puppy Mill
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner
- Owner of Killer Dogs Charged
- Deputy Killed Family's Dog, Owners Want to Know Why