Gainesville Commissioners Will Spend Surplus
Early Thursday evening, the Gainesville City Commission decided it will spend its $194,546 surplus. The money will go toward seven project including two additional police officers, a temporary employee inside the city's equal opportunity office, and a city website redesign. Commissioner newcomer, Susan Bottcher, said she believes the projects will enhance the city.
"It's not like that money is just disappearing... we are putting it back into our community and I think that is an appropriate use of taxpayer money," said Bottcher.
- High Springs Will Spend Thousands to Fire City Manager
- CHOICES Program Has 7.2 Million Surplus
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider New Roam Towing Regulations
- Gainesville City Commissioners To Vote On Butler Plaza Annexation
- Gainesville Commissioners Approve GRU Rate Increase
- New Gainesville City Commissioners
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve Location for Homeless Resource Center
- Gainesville City Commissioners Set to Vote On Gender Identity Ordinance