Homeless Veterans Project Site Isn't What Was Pitched
Opponents of a controversial project to turn a soon-to-be foreclosed hotel into a homeless veterans facility aren't backing down. They argued Thursday the Alachua County Housing Authority's initial vision is way too different from the plan that it has become. Critics demanded it be scrapped. Copies of the original grant proposal showed the authority wanted Oak Ridge Apartments at 1120 NW 45th Ave in Gainesville to be the site. Instead, the authority is on the verge of purchasing a hotel close to I-75 on Newberry Road.
For a full report including a response for the authority's director, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- The Oil Spill in the Gulf Isn't Directly Affecting North Central Florida...Yet.
- VA Project for Homeless Veterans
- Veteran's History Project
- Alternative Site for Homeless One Stop Center No Longer An Option
- $5.5 Million Towards Housing Homeless Veterans
- Homeless Veterans
- North Central Florida Homeless Veterans Have a Place to Call Home
- Blessing Buckets For Homeless Veterans
- VA Pulls Funding for Homeless Veteran Facility, Cites "Minimal Progress"
- Vetspace Helping Homeless Veterans