There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Locals Unable to View Shuttle Launch
Rainy weather didn't stop the final launch of Atlantis, but it did stop dozens of locals from seeing it.
Armed with umbrellas, blankets, and ponchos, about thirty spectators crowded the Payne's Prairie pavilion to catch a glimpse of the shuttle around 11:30 this morning.
However, their view was blocked by the clouds.
While their view was blocked, the group was able to hear the lift-off, thanks to ham radios provided by the Gainesville Amateur Radio Society.
Several spectators said they were disappointed they couldn't see it, but happy the launch was successful.
- Space Shuttle Atlantis 'Go' for Public Viewing
- Endeavor Shuttle Launch
- St. Francis House Unable To Feed More than 130 People
- Justice John Paul Stevens Views on Death Penalty
- BCS Championship Viewing Options
- The View From The Sidewalk
- Gainesville offers many places to view the big game.
- Problems Viewing Our Site?
- Man Approaches Girl Near Oak View Middle School
- Program Aims to Change Views on Homelessness