Midnight Vote on Plans for NW 16th Avenue and NW 23rd Avenue
Just before midnight Tuesday night, Alachua county commissioners finally agreed to move forward with resurfacing plans of NW 16th Ave and NW 23rd Ave.
Commissioners voted for a plan that will narrow inside lanes and allow room for bicycles on outside lanes. The plans will widen sidewalks to 10 feet where possible and cost effective.
For a full report including why bicyclists are split on whether they'd ride on the road, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Commission Report - Recyling Waste, 16th Ave Plans, and CHOICES
- Reitz Union Expansion Plan Moving Forward
- 16th Street Project Moves Forward
- 23rd Annual Hall of Fame Banquet
- Potholes Fixed on Northwest 23rd Corridor
- SW 20th Avenue Annexation?
- Celebration on the Avenue
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates
- Fuel Spill on NE 39th Avenue in Gainesville