Northwest Gainesville Rapist Wanted
A late night 4th of July robbery ended in a sexual assault in Northwest Gainesville. 24 hours later, the rapist was still wanted while his identity was unknown. Gainesville police officers said a 19-year old woman was walking home around 11 PM on Independence Day when she was approached by an "acquaintance." They said the two had a discussion in the Capri neighborhood near the intersection of NW 34th street and NW 39th avenue before the man snatched the woman's purse. The woman went after the man for an iPod that was in the purse. Detectives said somewhere in the process he went from robbing her to dragging her into a dark area before raping her. Officers said the woman suffered some abrasions from the snatching.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Rapist Wanted, Neighbors Take Notice
- Gang Activity Popping Up in Northwest Gainesville Neighborhood
- Man Found Dead In Northwest Gainesville
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Northwest Gainesville Road Construction Frustrates Drivers
- Changes For Northwest 8th Avenue In Gainesville... From 4-Lane to 2-Lane
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- Five Burglaries in Northwest Gainesville
- Tree Falls on Home in Northwest Gainesville
- Graffiti in Northwest Gainesville Subdivision Angers Residents