Operation Stuff the Bus
It is possible to be stuffed and not full. A Marion County program continues to feed the needs of public school children even after 10-years.
"Operation stuff the bus" started in 2002, and this summer is continuing its effort to deliver free school supplies to needy Marion County public school students.
With unemployment levels in Marion County being the highest in North Central Florida, organizers say it's important to not let students feel the economic strain.
"This is a way of making sure that no matter what the circumstances are at home, the child has new pencils, new backpacks, things that they'll need so they're ready to learn when they get to school," Suzanne McGuire, the Marion County Homeless Children Liaison told TV20.
Donors can drop off new school supplies and hygiene items at a decorated school bus at local retail stores from 9am-5pm according to the following schedule:
· Saturday, July 23 – Kmart, East Silver Springs Boulevard, Ocala
· Sunday, July 24 – Zumba Fundraiser at Vanguard High (7NW 28 St.), Ocala, 1PM-3PM
· Saturday, July 30 – K-Mart, Belleview
· Saturday, August 6 – Harley Fun Run (starts at VFW Post 284 Belleview with 8AM breakfast and ends at Harley Davidson of Ocala, 5331 N. Hwy 441, Ocala)
· Saturday, August 13 – Wal-Mart, Easy Street (2600 SW 19 Ave.), Ocala
Checks benefiting “Operation: Stuff the Bus” should be indicated as such and made payable to Operation: Stuff the Bus, c/o Homeless Children Program, Marion County Public Schools, 1517 SE 30 Ave. #5, Ocala, FL, 34471.
For more information, contact the school district’s Homeless Children Program at 352.671.6847 or via email at Suzanne.McGuire@marion.k12.fl.us.
- Operation Stuff the Bus
- Stuff The Bus For Levy County School
- Stuff The Bus
- Stuff the Bus Marion County
- PAWNING MORE STUFF
- Bread of the Mighty Backpack Stuff
- Mighty Mini Horses Strut Their Stuff
- Private School Bus Company Meets with Bus Drivers
- Child charged in bus fight rides same bus again
- Operation Rebuild