Organizers Advise Families to Shop Smart, Seek Chemistry At Second Annual Pet Adopt-A-Thon
When you meet the right one...you just know!
Dozens of locals found that out Friday as they sniffed, cuddled, teased, and finally took home some new furry friends during the 2nd Annual Summer Lovin' Pet Adopt-A-Thon.
The event -- which ran Friday through Saturday -- is organized by Alachua County Animal Services and the University of Florida's Veterinarian College.
Organizers say they want to bring loving homes to the nearly 300 dogs, cats, and other four-legged creatures housed at the shelter.
While they say there is a great need to find the animals good homes, organizers warn potential adopters not to be too hasty. Take the time to get to know the animal and make sure it's a right fit for your family, staff said.
Last year, 173 animals were adopted. Organizers say they are determined to beat that number. For more information about adopting animals from the shelter, visit the Alachua County Animal Services Web site.
- Adopt-A-Thon Saves Lives, Helps Future Vets
- Summer Lovin' Adopt-A-Thon Clearing Out Cages at ACAS
- Pet Adopt-a-Thon
- PetSmart Adoption Weekend
- Pet Smart
- Local Organization Working To Help Homeless Families Once More
- Family of Slain Teenager Paints 34th Street Wall, Seeks Justice Four Years Later
- Pets And Prisoners Get Second Chance
- Ocala "Hair-a-thon," in Support of Boy Fighting Cancer
- Second Chance Rescue Adopt-A-Pet: 07/01/14