Race To The Open
The checkered flag will once again wave at a place with a checkered past. It's been almost two years since the Bronson Speedway has seen any racing action, but that will change on Saturday. The attraction has new owners and will host it's first races this weekend.
The opening is a win for more than just those on the track. For a rural town like Bronson, keeping a business afloat can be tough. Business owners hope the speedway's re-opening will be the starting line to great things for Bronson.
The Speedway is holding a can food drive called Rock Can Roll in which anyone can drop off non perishable items to the track to be donated to local food pantries.
Racing will be held every Saturday at 7:30pm. Grandstands open at 5:30pm, Pit area opens at 4:30pm, and practice begins at 6:00pm. Adult admission (18 and older) is $12.00, students (12-17) and seniors (60 and up) is $8.00. Kids (6-11) are $5.00 and kids five and under are free.
- Wide Open Race For District 10 Seat
- Race for Sheriff Among Hot Races for Primary Elections
- High Price of Racing
- Case of Race: George Zimmerman Trial
- Close Race for Dixie County Judge, Mixed Emotions Among Residents
- Race to the Governor's Office
- Close Race to Governor's Mansion
- Vote 2014: Update on Governors Race Before Polls Close
- District 6 Race
- U.S. Senate Race