Right Place, Right Time...Cop Catches Child Abuse
A Gainesville cop was in the right place at the right time early this morning...to save a child in the wrong place.
While investigating a home invasion robbery on Northeast 1st Terrace, the officer heard screaming coming from the house next door. He walked toward the house and says he saw Anita Renea Smith hitting an eight year old girl with a belt.
The officer says Smith also hit a 12 year old boy and was screaming at the children.
Smith was arrested and charged with two counts of child abuse.
- Right Time to Buy?
- Right Choice, Wrong Time?
- Child Abuse Reported In Columbia County
- Officials Admit Mistake in Child Abuse Case
- Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Child Abuse Update