Solar Panels on School Roofs Approved
The solar panels will soon go up on several Alachua county schools. The project that was pitched as a win-win for schools has been criticized as a win only for the private contractor. Despite the criticism, school board members unanimously agreed to enter into a 20-year agreement with "Solar Impact" Tuesday night.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Solar Panels Make Energy Savings Possible
- Area Firefighters Train to Deal With Solar Panel Fires
- Solar Panel Contract Comes Under Criticism
- Stoneridge Installs Solar Panels
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School
- Senate Panel Approves $631 Billion Defense Bill
- School Board Approves School Uniforms
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Marion County formally approves 'School Choice'
- Wage Theft Bill Moves Past House Judiciary Panel