Teen Murder Update: Prosecution seeking Death Penalty for Michael Bargo
It was a gruesome murder of a local 15-year-old boy.
Wednesday, two of six people accused of being involved in the plot stood before a Marion County Judge.
The prosecution declared they are asking for the death penalty for 19-year-old Michael Bargo.
While Charlie Ely is not waiving her right to a speedy trial. Both suspects were in the same courtroom Wednesday within an hour of each other. But both their attorneys are defending separate accounts of what happened the day Seath Jackson was murdered, and their clients' alleged involvement.
Ely's attorney, Jonathan F. Bull, told TV20 that Ely "knew about the plan, but was forced into it by Mike Bargo."
But Bargo's attorney, Charles R. Holloman, fired back.
"Let me put it this way," Holloman told TV20, "they can hold on to that lie all they want but that doesn't make it true."
Both Bargo and Ely have entered not guilty pleas.
- State Attorney to Seek The Death Penalty For Suwannee County Murders
- Prosecutors Will Not Seek Death Penalty In Huuda Murder
- State Seeking Death Penalty
- Swine Flu Update: Two More Deaths Confirmed
- Swine Flu Update: A Total of 31 Deaths in Florida
- Man Pleads Not Guilty To Murdering Teen
- Still No Rest for the Prosecution or the Defense in the Hawthorne Murder Trial...
- Justice John Paul Stevens Views on Death Penalty
- Death Penalty Over The Last Year
- Jury Recommends the Death Penalty for Emilia Carr