University of Florida Police and Shands Sponsor Children's Bike Rodeo
We usually hear of cars hitting the road during the summer.
But today it was all about kids as they took their bicycles to the pavement during the first ever bike rodeo and summer safety fair.
The University of Florida Police Department and Shands Hospital for Children put on the event Saturday morning.
Children were given the opportunity to see many safety displays and go through a bicycle obstacle course.
The first 200 visitors were given free bicycle helmets.
They also took a look inside the Shands helicopter.
- Dance Marathon raises over 2 million for Children's Miracle Network
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- LPGA tournament players make a surprise stop at a children's hospital
- New UF Health Children's Surgical center benefits community
- Shands Children's Hospital recognized by US News and World Report
- A Local Boy Named "Florida Champion" of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Florida Baptist Children's Homes opens new facility
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- IHOP teaming up with Children's Miracle Network on National Pancake Day