240 Haven Acres Cats Adopted
The Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary Adoption Event wrapped up Sunday evening with impressive results. In June more than 700 cats were rescued from what has been called the largest case of animal hoarding in the country.
And now the saga is over for 240 of those cats, thanks to what the Humane Society is calling the largest adoption event they have ever been involved with.
Between 15 and 18 volunteers from around the country were needed every day for the last three months to care for the cats. Adoptions included an application, interview and orientation process. A portion of the cats not adopted this weekend will stay at the Alachua County Humane Society, while the rest will be transported to shelters around the region.
- Haven Acres Cat Adoption
- Adoption Event for Haven Acres Cats
- 517 cats siezed at the Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary
- UPDATE: Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary Investigation
- Haven Acres Cats Surrendered
- Owners Of Haven Acres Farm Arrested
- Tent City Cats Up For Adoption
- Cats Available for Adoption Again
- Adopt a Shelter Cat Month
- Official tout "Safe Havens" after baby found