25 Malnourished Cows Seized in Alachua County
They're now safely home on the range. 25 malnourished cows were seized yesterday by Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies.
The owner, an elderly man who was otherwise unidentified, surrendered them because he was unable to properly feed them. The cows were being kept in a field that was too small, without enough grass.
Deputy Brandon Jones says there has been an increase in animal neglect cases lately.
The cows will be cared for by Alachua County Sheriff's Office Rural Services Division in La Crosse and eventually auctioned off.
Animal cruelty charges against the owner will be filed.
- Cows Seized in Marion County
- Cattlemen in Marion County Sell Cows for a Cause
- Malnourished Horse Found in Woods, Euthanized
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Police Seize Rare Weapon
- 92 Animals Seized from Gainesville Home
- Fla. Officials Seize 1,200 Pounds Of Marijuana This Week Alone
- FHP Seizes 89 Pounds of Marijuana During Traffic Stop
- 400+ Pounds of Dope Seized From Reddick Farm
- Cows On Archer Road