50-Year-Old Dunnellon Grandmother Found Shot To Death In Her Driveway
Neighbors are in shock after a 50-year-old grandmother was found shot to death in her driveway.
According to the Marion County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to a call just before 11am Wednesday of a truck on fire. Once the fire was put out, a deputy traced the address to the owner of the vehicle which led them to a home in the Westwood Acres North Community in Dunnellon. When the deputy arrived, he found 50-year-old Linda Jean Cage lying in the driveway, she'd been shot to death.
Neighbors say an ex-husband may be involved. Lisa Gourlay is a neighbor and says the ex-husband had visitation with their grandchildren. Gourlay says, "i've heard some things but I don't want to speculate about what did actually happen because there's no proof to actually what happened now,"
Detectives questioned neighbors who say they didn't hear or see anything. In fact, her daughter and grandchildren were home at the time of the murder and had no idea it happened until deputies informed them.
Cage leaves behind three children, seven grandchildren, and a son with special needs she had adopted a while ago.
Anyone with information is asked to contact lead detective Rhonda Stroup at the Marion County Sheriff's Office at (352) 369-6845.
- 82 Year-Old Shot and Killed while Sleeping
- Death of 3-Year-Old Leads to Questions Parents Need to Ask
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Body of 4-Year-Old Found
- Woman Returns from Work to Find Her Brick Driveway Was Stolen
- Woman is Behind Bars After Fighting With her 14 Year Old Daughter
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- Investigators Search for a Missing 16-year-old
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- 12-Year-Old Hero