Apartment Explosion Kills Gainesville Man
The cause of the explosion- sparked on August 5 inside Tim Lepay's apartment has not been released, but investigators say it doesn't look like an accident.
Lepay, 28, a Gainesville native, passed away on Sunday at Shands Hospital, nine days after the explosion at the Wood River Apartment Complex off SW Depot Avenue.
According to his sister Holly, Lepay was new to the complex- he had only been living there for about three weeks the morning of the explosion.
"There was a gas line that was intentionally taken off a piece of equipment," said Gene Prince, Gainesville Fire Rescue Chief.
Officials are waiting on test results from FDLE, and expect the investigation to be wrapped up early next week.
Memorial Services for Tim will be held on Wednesday, August 17th at 11:00 am at Grace at Fort Clarke United Methodist Church with a reception to follow in the fellowship hall.
9325 Newberry Road, Gainesville Fl. 32606
Lepay's family is asking that donations be made in his name to the Camp Amigo Burn Camp via:
Children's Burn Camp of North Florida
PO Box 368
Tallahassee, Fl 32302
For more information regarding Camp Amigo and the Children's Burn Camp of North Florida you may visit their website at: http://www.campamigo.com/
- Man Suffers Severe Burns after an Explosion in his Apartment
- Woman Shot And Killed At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Gainesville Man Killed On His Scooter
- Two Students Arrested Following Explosion Outside Gainesville Charter School
- Man Murdered Inside Own Apartment
- Neighbor Saves Elderly Man from Apartment Fire
- Cause of Gainesville Apartment Fire Still Unknown
- One Dies, One Rescued in Gainesville Apartment Fire
- Teen Boys Ambush Group in Gainesville Apartment