Billionaire Buys Out "Way Of Life"
A wealthy Canadian is adding a cattle business to his list of trades and he's doing it in Levy County. Billionaire, Frank Stronach, is founder of Magna International, an automotive parts company based in Ontario and owns several horse ranches in Ocala.
On july 11th, Stronach purchased about 30,000 acres of land North and East of Bronson for 40 million dollars.
The plan, according to Mark Roberts, manager of Stronach's Adena Springs in Ocala, is to raise cattle, which may change "the way of life" for some residents.
Levy County Property Appraiser, Oz Barker, says he hopes the new property owners will bring great things to the area, but understands what it may be taking away. Barker says, "its a part of our culture a part of what we've just done for all our lives and I hate to see our local people losing their hunting lands."
Hunters hope state officials will let them use some of state land to hunt, until then, they'll have to go somewhere else.
Mark Roberts says they've cleared about 1,500 acres so far and that it will take about one and a half to two years until they're in full operation.
- "Pals for Life" Saved a Life
- "5 Points of Life" Marathon & Relay
- "Relay for Life" around North Central Florida
- Greenberg "celebration of life" announced
- Family Spotlight 9/16/10 "Spice For Life"
- Family Spotlight 5/13/10 "Facts of Life"
- Billionaire Investor Comes to Gainesville, Throws Entrepreneurs into the "Shark Tank"
- Tragic Loss Makes Way For A New Breath Of Life
- Cedar Key's Seafood Festival, A Way Of Life
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville