Downtown Business Owners Send Letter To City, Opposing Free Parking Elimination
They want to let freedom ring -- so their cash registers will continue to ring.
Downtown Gainesville business owners have come out against a plan to change free parking spots to metered spots in the downtown area, saying their business could suffer.
And now with an official letter to the city -- as well as a circulating petition -- downtown business owners are hoping city commissioners will change their minds.
TV 20's Duke Carter reports. View video for more information.
- City Proposes to Eliminate Free Downtown Parking
- Downtown Ocala Business Owners: Renovation Troubles are "Worth It"
- Downtown Business Owners Say Homeless Problem is Out of Control- Who's To Blame?
- Proposed City Ordinance Has Business Owners Concerned
- Governor's Office Accidentally Sends Thank-You Letter to White Supremacist
- Gainesville City Commission Opposed to Police Merger Discussion
- City, Police Agree on Contract
- Kerr City, Historic Ghost Town
- City, UF to discuss fire fees
- City, county play hot potato with fire rescue