Fatalities in Marion County
It was a deadly weekend on the roads of Marion County with several people losing their lives.
Although the number of fatal accidents in Marion County this year seems high, it is actually going down from a year ago.
40 people have died in auto accidents in Marion County alone so far. Three just this past weekend. One person died in Dunnellon Saturday, a woman crossing State Road 40 at County Road 314 was run over and killed, and Monday night, Marsha Daughtry of Anthony was also killed when she hit a truck.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the number of fatalities in Marion County at this same time last year is actually less.
There were 73 total fatalities in Marion County in 2010, but Alachua County had 26 total vehicle related deaths in 2010.
- Fatal Car Crash in Marion County
- Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting
- Marion County Residents Clean Up Fatal Crash Site
- Hunter fatally shot in Putnam County
- Columbia County Fatal Car Crash
- Fatal Crash in Hamilton County Leaves Two Dead
- Dixie County deputy and Two Women fatally wounded In Shootout
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Four Derby Hopefuls Have Ties to Marion County
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak