High Tech Picnic Table Provides Shade & Solar Power
It provides shade and a place to charge your cell phone.
It's called the "Solar Dok." A high tech picnic table, powered by the sun. University of Florida's Diamond Village is now home to the $10 thousand dollar table, which powers four standard outlets, two u-s-b outlets and an LED light for night time use.
The table runs on solar power, storing energy in a battery bank. The plastic seats are made of recycled milk bottles.
The Solar Dok was installed by UF to promote solar energy and sustainability.
- McMurrian to Judge Florida Power & Light Case
- High Tech Treatment Passes Medicare Test
- High Schoolers Building Bio Tech Resume
- Alachua County Will Purchase High Tech Energy Saver
- High Tech Gadgets Hitting Some Classrooms
- New High Tech Traffic Management System Will Keep Children Safer
- Celebrating Education: Morning Announcements Gone High Tech
- Power Outage In High Springs Affects Nearly 4,000 Residents
- Memorial Day Weekend Picnic
- Farm to Table: How New FDA Guidelines Affect Beef and Dairy