Howard Bishop Teachers Tour East Gainesville
For students across the state school doesn't start until Monday.
But some kids in Northeast Gainesville were pleasantly surprised today by more than one familiar face.
Howard Bishop Middle School's Principal Mike Gamble is challenging his staff to step out from behind their desks and comfort zones to experience East Gainesville
"We're going out visiting some of the apartment complexes in some of the neighborhoods where most of our zoned kids come from that come to school here."
It's gamble's first bishop bus tour; a chance for his teachers to connect with the kids in their community, all on a school bus.
They're encouraging students and their parents to visit the campus on Thursday for a teacher meet and greet event to build strong relationships with families in the community. The Teacher Greeting runs from 1-3pm on Thursday.
- One Class at a Time: Meet October Winner Joseph Dickens
- Howard W. Bishop eighth grader still in critical condition
- Major meth bust in Putnam County
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- "Defenders of Freedom" mural wall in Dunnellon remembers veterans
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Dog and Car Wash Fundraiser
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- East Gainesville family fights mold...with the help of a "Superhero"
- Sexual Battery in North East Gainesville, Third Attack in a Week