New Teachers Become Students Before Taking Over The Classroom
Before Alachua County's new educators take on the role of leading a classroom they got one last lesson as students.
Thursday the district hosted a new teacher orientation in Gainesville.
The first time educators got tips on commanding their classroom, lesson planning, and working with parents and peers.
Above all else, they were reassured that they would be OK and that there are several people looking out for them along the way.
The day long orientation comes a little over a week ahead of the start of the school year.
The new teachers, along with their students will begin class on August 22nd.
- Grants for Teachers: Using Agriculture in the Classroom
- Woman Takes Over Plane When Pilot Becomes Unconscious
- Two students looking to take over the role of Mr. Two Bits
- Dogs Help Students Excel in the Classroom
- Students, parents embrace desk-less classrooms
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- UF students petition to become "sanctuary campus"
- UF Students Will Go Before Conduct Committee
- Former YMCA Complex to Become New Charter School
- GHS Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship With Student