Quadruple Murder Suspect Behind Bars
A family already grieving the murder of four people, now has to deal with another unsettling fact. A man close to their family has been arrested for the crime. 31 year old James Edward Bannister was arrested early this morning. Gray family members say they had a feeling it was Bannister.
Bannister had a 2 year old child with Jocalyn Gray and was living with her. The Gray family says Bannister hung around the house after the killings, and while they suspected he was responsible, they still can't figure out why he would commit such a senseless crime.
The mother and grandmother of Bridget and Jocalyn Gray, Lillie May Langston, says she had a feeling Bannister was responsible.
She says, "It tears you up really it just I wanted to scream but I didn't scream so the tears just came out."
According to the arrest report an anonymous witness came forward and said Bannister told him he'd shot all four victims and then lit the house on fire.
Langston says, "when you have a feeling of something that's what you go on but you can't do anything because you don't have no proof."
Detectives had the witness wear a hidden mic and meet with Bannister today. He said he had smoked numerous marijuana blunts laced with cocaine.
Bannister said Jocalyn was his world and quote " i just took my world." Bannister said it was like he was playing a video game and he couldn't stop.
In an interview from the Marion County Jail, father and fiance to three of the victims, Willie Hill, explains why he thinks two other men may be involved.
Willie says, " because this one guy just got out and i don't really want to get into this."
Even with Bannister behind bars, the Gray family stands firm in their beliefs.
Bridget Gray's Brother, F.L Brown, says, "but its not over there's somebody else out there too we know who you are its just a matter of time because my god is going to get you."
No bond was set for Bannister's murder charges. The funeral services for the victims will be on Saturday.
- Attempted Murder Suspect In Alachua, Behind Bars
- Suspect Behind Bars After Holding Trespassing Teens At Gunpoint
- Man Behind Bars For Gilchrist County Murder
- Funeral Services For Quadruple Murder Victims
- Sex Sting Puts Seven Men Behind Bars
- Thieves behind bars after burglarizing hotel parking lot vehicles
- Gainesville Man Who Was Involved In Shooting Now Behind Bars
- Former Mayor Of Hampton To Spend Time Behind Bars
- Local Fugitives Behind Bars
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars