Religious Convention Boosts Local Economy
Sold out. it's something Best Western of Gainesville's Henry Montgomery has told plenty of people this weekend trying to get hotel rooms.
Most of those vacancies were filled by the Jehovah's Witnesses who recently held their yearly district convention at the O'Connell Center.
For the past eight years the city has used their business as a way to pump much needed dollars into the local economy. But in order to keep the relationship going they rely on Witnesses coming back every year.
and they came from kingdom come.... as welcome visitors rather average tourists.
- Convention Is Boosting Business
- Religious Leaders See a Silver Lining In a Cloud of Contoversy
- Religious Groups Come Together After Deadly Afghanistan Protests
- Gainesville High Host State Convention
- North Central Florida Delegates Going to Republican National Convention
- Senate Expected to Hold Off Flood Insurance Boost
- Gatornationals Drives in an Economic Boost
- Farmers Get A Big Boost
- Lighting in Dressing Rooms Boosts Sales
- New Bus Routes Boost Local Business