Study Ordered for the Alachua County Jail
They want to explore their options.
Alachua County Commissioners are moving ahead with a plan to conduct a study of the jail, which will decide many things...including who's going to run it in the future.
But the Sheriff does not support the six figure exercise.
There are five companies being considered to conduct the study and it should begin in September.
As the results come in, Commissioners say they will decide who will run the jail and its funding level.
- $179,000 Alachua County Jail Study Moves Forward
- Alachua County Jail Study
- Alachua County Man in Jail After Firing Shots at Wife's Boyfriend
- Alachua County Jail Rape Case Settled Out of Court
- Expanding the Alachua County Jail
- Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
- Alachua County Jail Confirms First Swine Flu Case
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Alachua County Jail Employee Resigns