X-Box Boys back in School, Parents Outraged
They are accused of plotting to kill another teen, but parents were infuriated when they found out the X-box boys were allowed to attend class Monday.
Paul Malnasi and Christopher Rigiero, both 16 years old, are currently on house arrest but were allowed to attend school Monday in Marion County.
School officials wouldn't confirm if Rigiero was present at Belleview High, but Malnasi was in class at Ocala's Francis Marion Military Academy.
The parent of a child attending the same publically-funded charter school told TV20 he was scared for his child's safety.
"I am appalled that they even let him back on campus," the father, who wished not to be identified said. "This whole school is subjected to being bullied at this point because everybody knows what this kid did and everybody is afraid of him."
But school officials say there has been no conviction to force the removal of the two accused teens. The State Attorney's Office has not presented formal charges against the teens.
William Ramputi, the attorney representing Paul Malnasi told TV20 the teen had been looking forward to going to school. He said concerned parents should wait and learn more about the case before judging his client.
"The United States Constitution says that anyone that is accused of a crime is presumed innocent unless, and until, proven guilty. And I'm 'gonna tell you that this young man did not commit a crime," Ramputi said.
The State Attorney's office may decide on filing charges later this week.
- Charges Dropped Against X-Box Boys
- Study Finds Parents Spending Less On Back-To-School Shopping
- Medical Spotlight: Back to School Health Tips for Parents
- Marion Co. Man Fails to Enroll Daughter in School, Says He is a Sovereign Citizen
- Warringtons Donate $75 Million to UF Business School, Become University's Biggest Boosters
- Alachua County School Budget Cut Outrage
- Parents Organize Against School Budget Cuts
- Parents Upset About State Cuts To Local School Budgets
- It's National School Bus Safety Week But Some Parents Say Their Kid Aren't Safe
- Parents Urge Commissioners to Reinstate After-School Program