Alachua County Commissioners Support Evinston Historic Post Office
It's on the chopping block and residents are looking for help to keep their historic post office open.
The Evinston Post Office in Southeast Alachua County is being considered by the US Postal Service for closure because of low revenue and foot traffic. But Evinston residents say the post office and general store, which was built in the 1800's, is essential to their community.
Today Alachua County Commissioners voted to write a letter of support to the Post Master General. A public meeting about the potential closure will take place this Thursday night at 6:30 at the Evinston United Methodist Church.
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- City commissioner proposes new county
- First black county commissioner honored in Alachua County
- Marion County Officers Support Breast Cancer
- Veterans Fair hopes to bring support to homeless vets
- Alachua County schools cut support staff positions
- City Commissioner Rick Bryant Running For County Post
- New Alachua County Commissioner Appointed
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate