Alachua County Commissioners Support Evinston Historic Post Office
It's on the chopping block and residents are looking for help to keep their historic post office open.
The Evinston Post Office in Southeast Alachua County is being considered by the US Postal Service for closure because of low revenue and foot traffic. But Evinston residents say the post office and general store, which was built in the 1800's, is essential to their community.
Today Alachua County Commissioners voted to write a letter of support to the Post Master General. A public meeting about the potential closure will take place this Thursday night at 6:30 at the Evinston United Methodist Church.
- City Commissioner Rick Bryant Running For County Post
- Marion County Post Office Shuts Its Doors
- Citizens Come Out in Support of Alachua County Sheriff
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Alachua County Commissioners Figure Out Budget Cut Process
- Alachua County Commissioners Approve Gas Tax Increase
- Alachua County Commissioners Vote Down Fire Assessment Fee
- Alachua County Commissioners Special Hearing
- Veteran Alachua County Commissioner Wins Nomination Bid
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?