Alachua & Newberry City Leaders Ask for Bed Tax Dollars
Big plans need big funding. And leaders in both the City of Alachua and Newberry hope Alachua County bed tax dollars will provide what's needed for their big plans.
City officials from Alachua and Newberry came before county commissioners today. Asking for $500,000 dollars for Alachua's Project Legacy recreation expansion and $5 million dollars for Newberry to buy Canterbury Equestrian Showplace.
Both projects received praise, but no funding yet.
- Alachua County commissioners discuss bed tax
- Newberry Fire Rescue Remains Under City
- Mold And Bed Bugs At A Newberry Inn
- Pot of "Bed Tax" Gold
- Bed Tax
- 2012 AC Budget Proposal Prompts Million Dollar Taxing Decision
- Ocala asks community to get on board for million dollar project
- Environmental Protection Leaders Ask Residents to Use Less Water
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
- United Way & Local Leaders Bring Books to Kids