Alachua & Newberry City Leaders Ask for Bed Tax Dollars
Big plans need big funding. And leaders in both the City of Alachua and Newberry hope Alachua County bed tax dollars will provide what's needed for their big plans.
City officials from Alachua and Newberry came before county commissioners today. Asking for $500,000 dollars for Alachua's Project Legacy recreation expansion and $5 million dollars for Newberry to buy Canterbury Equestrian Showplace.
Both projects received praise, but no funding yet.
- Pot of "Bed Tax" Gold
- Bed Tax
- Mold And Bed Bugs At A Newberry Inn
- Ocala asks community to get on board for million dollar project
- 2012 AC Budget Proposal Prompts Million Dollar Taxing Decision
- Environmental Protection Leaders Ask Residents to Use Less Water
- United Way & Local Leaders Bring Books to Kids
- City Wants Your Feedback On Spending Millions Of Dollars
- Hampton City Leaders Dispute State Audit, as Sheriff Considers Criminal Charges
- Gainesville City Leaders Debate Implementing Fire Assessment Fees