Block Tuition at UF...Blocked
Block tuition at the University of Florida is off the table, but it could come back in the future.
On Tuesday morning, UF Provost Joe Glover told a conference call of trustees that a surprising jump in graduation rates kicked a vital leg out from under block tuition.
UF trustees indefinitely postponed block tuition; their reasoning: last years graduation rates- which shot up six percent.
Officials say their decision to axe block tuition for fall 2012, had nothing to do with the wide spread student opposition, which started when they first announced the plan to do away with paying by the credit hour, and charge undergraduates a flat rate for 12 credit hours or more a semester.
However, block tuition may come back to life.
According to UF officials, the president still has the option to put block tuition back on the table should graduation rates slide in the future.
- Block Tuition on the Horizon at UF
- UF Board of Trustees Approve Block Tuition
- Columbia County EMS On Chopping Block
- Local Mental Health Facility on the Chopping Block? Maybe Not...
- New Tutors on the Block
- Flood Blocks Only Access
- Court OKs Ruling Blocking Florida Cuba Contracts Law
- Power of Tuition
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition
- Tuition Petition