County Makes Way for Controversial Path Proposal
County commissioners cleared the path for a controversial path proposal.
The multi-use path -- located on SW 1st Place -- was approved by commissioners at their budget meeting last night, after some voiced their concern to the project.
Commissioners voted to move forward with the 35-thousand-dollar project, which will lay concrete over a grass stretch connecting two neighborhoods.
Commissioners also passed millage rates for municipal service taxing units. Rates stayed the same as this year, but commissioners are still discussing possibly reducing ad valorem property tax rates.
Budget talks will continue at the next scheduled meeting.
- "Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
- Marion County Sheriff Makes "Bold" Proposal
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- Tragic Loss Makes Way For A New Breath Of Life
- Limbaugh Family Unites After School Board Controversy
- Paynes Prairie Bison Roundup Sparks Controversy
- Fair attraction stirring up controversy
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- City commissioner proposes new county
- Ways To Prevent Eastern Equine Encephalitis