County Makes Way for Controversial Path Proposal
County commissioners cleared the path for a controversial path proposal.
The multi-use path -- located on SW 1st Place -- was approved by commissioners at their budget meeting last night, after some voiced their concern to the project.
Commissioners voted to move forward with the 35-thousand-dollar project, which will lay concrete over a grass stretch connecting two neighborhoods.
Commissioners also passed millage rates for municipal service taxing units. Rates stayed the same as this year, but commissioners are still discussing possibly reducing ad valorem property tax rates.
Budget talks will continue at the next scheduled meeting.
- Marion County Sheriff Makes "Bold" Proposal
- "Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- Tragic Loss Makes Way For A New Breath Of Life
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Sinkhole causing controversy in Marion and Alachua Counties
- Controversy at Alachua County School Board Meeting
- Committee is Proposing Changes to Alachua County's School Dress Code
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- County Commission To Hear Condo Proposal