County Makes Way for Controversial Path Proposal
County commissioners cleared the path for a controversial path proposal.
The multi-use path -- located on SW 1st Place -- was approved by commissioners at their budget meeting last night, after some voiced their concern to the project.
Commissioners voted to move forward with the 35-thousand-dollar project, which will lay concrete over a grass stretch connecting two neighborhoods.
Commissioners also passed millage rates for municipal service taxing units. Rates stayed the same as this year, but commissioners are still discussing possibly reducing ad valorem property tax rates.
Budget talks will continue at the next scheduled meeting.
- Marion County Sheriff Makes "Bold" Proposal
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Controversy at Alachua County School Board Meeting
- County Commission To Hear Condo Proposal
- County Airboat Curfew Proposal
- Statewide Wage Theft Bill Fails, Paving the Way for Alachua County's Ordinance
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- 'Inspirational Message' Bill Makes its Way to Governor
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager