Drama over Ducks
Ocala City Council members recently voted to have the USDA remove and euthanize more than one hundred Muscovy ducks from Tuscawilla Park.
But Tuesday night those fighting for the duck's lives got a glimmer of hope.
City Council President Daniel Owen decided to re-open that vote at the next City Council meeting in two weeks.
Tuesday afternoon protesters picketed at the park and marched their way to City Hall in an effort to have the ducks transported to a sanctuary.
The city had agreed to pay the USDA for their removal, which would include euthanizing them.
Protesters were able to get the vote re-opened after they told council members they have secured a grant to pay for their relocation.
- Ducks to be Removed from Historic Duck Pond Neighborhood in Gainesville
- Duck Hits Shands Helicopter
- Hundreds of Ducks to be Euthanized?
- Ducks Won't Be Euthanized
- Organizers Collect $6,000 In Rubber Duck Race Fundraiser
- OWLS Could Have Saved Ducks
- Doomed Ducks in Ocala
- Local Duck Makes a Big Splash
- Duck Boat Accident
- Controversy Over Gainesville Hotel & Conference Center Over?