Gilchrist County Votes to Fire Administrator After 'Unsatisfactory' Job Performance
A longtime county administrator is leaving.
The Gilchrist County Commission voted three to two late today to fire Ron McQueen, effective immediately.
He's been with Gilchrist County for 17 years.
Commissioner Randy Durden says McQueen had an unsatisfactory job evaluation about a month ago...and some commissioners remain unhappy with his performance.
A special meeting to decide how to replace McQueen has been called for a week from today at 4pm.
Commissioners also finalized Gilchrist County's new budget...which includes extra money for the county food pantry.
They more than doubled the county's contribution to the bank to more than ten thousand dollars.
- The Next Step: Gilchrist County Administrator
- Gilchrist County Jail Inmate Dies Two Days After Fight with Cellmate
- Gilchrist County Fire
- Staying Put in the Gilchrist County Fire
- P.K. Yonge Administrators Face Questions in Wake of Molestation 'Incident'
- Marion County School District Ranks Third in State for Lowest Administrative Cost
- Renovations for Ocala's Performing Arts Conservatory
- Dana Carvey to Perform at Gator Growl '09
- Daughtry to Perform at O'Connell Center Tonight
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years