Health Screenings Give Peace Of Mind
When it comes to your health, the best time to treat a potential risk is before it becomes a major problem.
Today Alachua County's CHOICES program provided their first ever broad health screening for people who might not be able to afford a trip to the doctor on their own.
The goal of the screenings is to spot potential health problems before a major illness hits by focusing on well-care instead treatment.
Students from Shands, private practices and non-profits all came together to make the health fair possible.
And doctors from Alachua County's Health Department were ready to treat anyone with an immediate or serious illness.
The screenings were open to the general public, not just for people who are enrolled in the choices program.
For more information visit CHOICES.
- Tattoo Removal: The Cost of Changing Your Mind
- Your Health: Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Screening Rates Still Low
- Eye Doctors Offer Free Screenings for Three Different Diseases
- Free Day of Health Screenings for Service Dogs
- Health screening policies in North Central Florida schools
- Medical Spotlight: Lung Cancer Screening
- Ventricular Assist Device Gives New Hope To Patients With Heart Failure
- Summercamp Gives Students Hands-On Look At Healthcare
- Financially-Minded Students
- Charlie Crist Stops in Gainesville with Early Voting on his Mind