Help For Women Struggling
Victims of sexual battery and abuse often suffer through feelings of loss and isolation, sometimes needlessly for years before they find closure.
The Alachua County Victim Services and Rape Crisis center is set to being a program that will help survivors move forward.
Participants will get the opportunity to lean on each other and talk through feelings of grief, anger, confusion and fear with professionally trained counselors in a supervised environment.
The process can help women who are struggling to regain a sense of normalcy in their lives form friendships that help them move forward.
The support group is still taking applications for anyone interested in participating, you do not have to have a crime report and the instance of sexual battery does not have to be recent.
For more information on how you or a loved one can sign up for the support group visit Victim Services, or call 352-264-6760.
- Help Center for Abused Women Needs Help
- Helping Women Gain Confidence And Employment
- Counties struggle with small emergency budgets
- Local Food Banks And Homeless Shelters Struggling
- If Tuition Increases, Florida Universities Will Still Struggle
- Marion County Meals on Wheels Struggling
- St. Bernard Pup Struggling To Survive
- A Family's Struggle With Premature Birth
- Horse Struggles To Survive Possible Abuse
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds