Postal Service Moving Processing and Distribution to Jacksonville
The postal service is filling out a "Change of Address" form for Gainesville's processing and distribution facility.
It's moving to Jacksonville.
The closure of the facility was formally announced Friday, but foreshadowed at a public meeting held in May.
Postal workers had hoped to save their jobs, or at least delay the move.
The transition should be finished in January. Some employees may be moved to Jacksonville's facility.
USPS leaders say they hope to save money to offset a 20 percent decrease in mail volume since 2007.
- Postal services cuts
- Postal Service Town Meeting
- Postal Service Will Keep Rural Post Offices Open
- US Postal Service Releases 2 New Civil War Stamps
- US Postal Service
- Postal Service Closing Down Plants
- U.S. Postal Service Facing Financial Crisis
- Commodity Distribution for Alachua County
- Gainesville Woman Asks For Help Distributing Haiti Relief Supplies
- Man Accused Of Possessing, Distributing Child Pornography