Stabbing in Tower Village
When a bleeding stranger came to Debra Wright's front door Wednesday night, she ran to the refrigerator.
"I was like oh Lord, let me get some meat, and some ice, and everything else to try to save his life," she said.
Justin Howard, 24, of Gainesville was stabbed in the chest inside the Tower Village subdivision in southwest Gainesville.
"The laceration didn't look that long, but it was more deep than anything," said Angel Wright, who put her daycare training to use.
"I applied pressure on his chest, while my sister was on the phone with EMS the whole time," she said.
"The last information we have is that he was in critical condition- obviously suffered a severe injury," said Sgt. Todd Kelly, ACSO spokesperson.
Authorities say there was a disturbance shortly before 6:30 PM, but don't have much of a description of the attacker.
"We do have initial suspect description of a light skinned black male that has tattoos across his stomach, and possibly left the area east bound in a green SUV," he said.
The Tower Village neighborhood is no stranger to law enforcement.
"We frequent here quite a bit with different types of calls, but stabbings and this kind of thing, not a common occurrence," he said.
"I'm tired of just the atmosphere period, when I first moved out here it wasn't like this- so I'm just tired of all the drama now it's time to go," said Wright.
The victim, Justin Howard, worked at Grandy's restaurant, and had been arrested earlier this year on a charge of assault and battery.
- Stabbing in Tower Village
- FAA Delays Closing of Airport Control Towers
- Century Tower Reaches a Ringing Milestone
- New Bed Tower at The VA Hospital
- Hawthorne Water Tower Comes Down
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- Bacteria Detected at Shands Cancer Tower
- New Communications Tower for NE Alachua County
- Ocala Airport Tower Closing
- Paul Ryan Stops by The Villages