Two People Shot, Two Homes Invaded
It has been a violent year in Ocala that just got even more out of control.
There were two home invasion robberies and two people shot-- all in one night.
A man in his 30's was shot Monday night while walking down SW Fort King Street. Then, three people were beat and held at gunpoint at the Economy Inn off Silver Springs Blvd.
"I looked out my peephole, and there was a guy right here with a 9-millimeter and there was a couple other guys they started kicking my door and started kicking that door, next thing you know, psshhhhh, they threw a (expletive) chair through the window," robbery victim, Luis Maldonado told TV20.
Another man was shot inside his Stonelake apartment. He told police three men asked him for money before shooting him in the back.
Ocala Police believe the three cases are unrelated.
There were three homicides in the city of Ocala all of last year, but so far, there have been five. No arrests have been made in any of these cases.
- Home Invader Shot to Death After Forcing Way into Ex-Girlfriend's Home
- Two People Shot in Ocala
- 5 Shot, 1 Dead at Williston Festival
- Suspect Shot, Killed Following Chase
- Former Police Captain's Son is Shot, Killed
- Three Suspects Invade Home and Beat Victim with Shotgun
- Ocala Man Fights Back Against Home Invaders
- Home Invader Still at Large
- Officer Shot, Wounded in 6-hour Standoff
- Two People Dead After A Crash On I-75