Woodland Park Boys and Girls Club Receives Awards
They're already known as the best in the nation, so a state award is just the cherry on top.
The Woodland Park Boys and Girls Club in Southeast Gainesville received an Excellence Award last week from the Florida Council for their Health and Life Skills program.
This comes on the heels of the national Merit award for Best Character and Leadership Development Program.
This is the first time an Alachua County Boys and Girls Club has been the recipient of these awards. Southeast Area Director Freddy Williams says this is validation that the programs are really making a difference for kids.
- Boys and Girls Club Wins Award
- Area Boys and Girls Club Wins National Award
- National Boys and Girls Club Week
- Future Olympian Conor Dwyer Visits Boys and Girls Club
- The Girls Club of Alachua County
- Marion County Park Receives A Facelift
- Boy With 'Germ Cell Tumor' Receives Community Support
- Man Charged With Killing Girl, 4, Receives Life Sentence
- 15 Year Old Girl Shot and Killed in Gainesville Parking Lot
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park