YMCA Kicks Off "Get Moving" Campaign
According to statistics, Marion County has some bad habits to overcome.
Reports say that 27 percent of adults there don't get enough exercise, 78 percent don't eat enough fruit and vegetables, and 64 percent are overweight.
But one community organization says it can help turn that around.
Just give it 21 days.
Ocala's YMCA kicked off its 21-day "Get Moving Marion County" campaign, where it offers free facility access for residents between September 1st and 30th.
With Marion County ranked near the bottom third among Florida's 67 counties, staff say it's critical they do what they can to help residents meet their health goals.
In addition to free access, participants will also be paired with a wellness coach during their 21 days.
Staff say the campaign brought in three thousand people last year. This year, they hope to double that number.
- "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off
- "Kick-Off for a Cure" Tailgate Event
- "Kick Off For a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis This Saturday
- Poverty Challenge Kicks Off Monday
- Canned Goods Challenge Kicks Off
- Eastside High Marching Rams Kick Off School Year
- Homecoming Week Kicks Off For Gator Nation
- Students Kick Off Veterans Day Festivities One Day Early
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- Operation CarePak Kicks Off at Santa Fe College