19 yr old Charlie Ely Sentenced to Life
There were tears as a Marion County teen convicted of murder was sentenced today. But not from Charlie Ely herself.
As a life sentence was handed down, the victim's family and those who raised Ely, were the ones crying.
15 year old Seath Jackson, who was beaten, tortured and killed in a Summerfield home last April, was the focus of his mother Sonja Jackson's words today.
Regret, seemed to be the focus for Charlie Ely and her family.
Sonja Jackson did not want to give an interview after the sentencing. Ely has 30 days to file an appeal and is considering hiring a new attorney for the process.
Each of the other co-defendants waved their right to a speedy trial. So it will be months at least before the other cases are tried.
- Charlie Ely Murder Trial: Day 4
- Charlie Ely Guilty of First Degree Murder
- TV20 Exclusive: Charlie Ely Speaks Out
- Charlie Ely Takes The Stand
- Charlie Ely's Murder Trial will Stay in Marion County
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man Charged With Killing Girl, 4, Receives Life Sentence
- Kalisz Sentenced to Life
- Man Gets 4 Consecutive Life Sentences for Murder
- Justin Soto Sentenced to Life