3 People Accused of Murder Meet in Court
Antonio Drayton, Guenevere and Stephanie Hudnall all arrived in court for their respective case hearings. Their status hasn't changed, and it looks like a trial is nowhere in sight. But there could be support on social media of a possible motive suspected by police in one of the cases.
Antonio Drayton is accused of murdering University of Florida cheerleader, Saleha Huuda. Guenevere Hudnall is accused of killing her father with a pickax to the face and her mother, Stephanie Hudnall, is in jail for helping her. Spokesman for the state attorney general Spencer Mann says the process is "very laborious" and "getting a murder case to trial can take sometimes in excess of a year or two depending on all of the logistics they have to go into preparing for trial."
Stephanie Hudnall's defense lawyer, Erik Atria, says "the biggest hurdle in these cases is time. It takes a lot of time to work these cases out and even though you explain that to a client and even though they understand that, it’s just hard for them to wait with uncertainty."
Police say they suspect the motive of Guenevere and her mother in killing William Hudnall was money. And Guenevere's Twitter account seems to have two entries to back up that claim.
One entry the month before the murder says "Going job hunting Tuesday..could use some prayers." Two days later..."keep up the prayers, really need a job."
Guenevere and Stephanie Hudnall have waived their rights to a speedy trial in order to gather more evidence for their deposition. Antonio Drayton's next case deposition, when a judge will hear more evidence, will take place in November, as will Stephanie Hudnall's. Guenevere's will take place in December. The mother and daughter's cases are being handled separately.
- Marion County Teens Accused of Murder In Court Today
- Accused Child Porn Trafficker In Court
- FSU QB Winston's Accuser Meets With State Attorney
- Teen Makes First Court Appearance for Dunnellon Murder
- Seath Jackson Murder Suspects in Court
- Murder Suspect Breaks Down in Court
- Accused Murderer Pedro Bravo Appears Before a Full Courtroom
- Accused Murderer Could Walk
- Ocala Wife Accused of Murdering Husband
- Levy County Man Accused of Murder...Family & Friends React