5th Grader "Citizens of the Month" Tour City of Gainesville
These "citizens of the month" learned more about their city today. Fifth grade September Citizens of the Month from schools in Alachua County toured Gainesville as part of "City Government Week."
The field trip took students and chaperones to several places including city hall, the court house, and a fire station. The demonstration by a Gainesville Police Officer and his canine partner was a highlight of the day for many students and parents.
This is the sixth year the field trip has taken place.
- "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off
- After Aneurysm 5th Grader Celebrates Graduation
- High Springs 5th Grader Heads To Bible Bee
- City Of Gainesville Uses Social Networking To Get Citizens Involved
- Marion County Citizens Fight to Get "Amendment 11" Passed
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out
- Gainesville "State of the City" Address
- City Manager Candidates Take Tour Of The City
- Tour Gives Students Glimpse Of City Government
- Protect Gainesville Citizens Meeting