$9 Million Federal Grant for RTS
They have been planning it for years but now plans for a new bus maintenance facility have new life, thanks to an infusion of cash from the federal government.
Gainesville's Regional Transit system has received $9 million dollars from the department of transportation. The grant was announced this morning by Congresswoman Corrine Brown, city leaders and the federal transit administrator.
Gainesville won the award through the "Bus Livability Program." The grant will be used to construct phase 2 of the bus depot and other facilities.
- GPD Will Only Accept A Fraction of a $2.8 Million Federal Grant
- Marion County HazMat and Urban Search and Rescue Teams Receive Federal Grant
- $3.4 Million of Federal Stimulus Money to Pay for Turtle Tunnel
- UF Health May Owe $30 Million to Federal Government
- Will the Gainesville Police Department be allowed to use a $2.8 Million Grant?
- OFR gets Half Million Dollar Grant
- Florida Set to Get Millions in Grants to Help Homeless
- Keeping RTS Buses En Route
- RTS Cutbacks
- RTS Fares Increase